Probate & Wills
Our Wills and Probate Team offer:
A fixed price service for standard Wills with a discount for a second Will if a pair is required.
Advice and guidance on:
• Your options for bequeathing your estate
• Dealing with complicated family situations
• The impact of Inheritance Tax and the ways of minimising the eventual tax burden
Acting as Executors where required. Whilst we always advise the appointment of trusted family members or friends as Executors wherever possible, the Principal of this firm is available to act as Executor when this is needed.
Storage of Wills without charge
A complete Probate service including:
• Advising Executors on the procedure to obtain the Grant of Probate including assessing the extent of the Estate, preparing forms and Inheritance Tax papers, obtaining the Grant, realising and distributing funds, full Estate Accounts and taxation clearance.
• Advising family members or potential administrators on the application of the Intestacy rules when there is no Will.
Advising on Deeds of Variation, often referred to as Deeds of Family Arrangement
For further information on any of the above, please contact Sandra Brown, or Ian Clark
The Law Society "Your guide to probate"
The Law Society "Your guide to making a will"
Office of the Public Guardian